RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ EPDM Rubber Roofing System
The RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ EPDM Rubber Roofing System is one of the toughest materials known for resistance to weather wind and sun. It is a rubber roofing system that is designed and proven to outlast conventional flat roofing materials.
RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ EPDM Rubber Roofing is GUARANTEED for 20 years
Contact us now for a free quotation.
Through patented technology, a non-woven polyester fleece is laminated to the underside of the standard RubberBond™ EPDM making FleeceBack™ a more substantial and stronger EPDM product. This makes it an extremely durable rubber roofing material that is:
- Over twice the thickness of standard EPDM
- 180% plus greater tear resistance*
- 60% plus greater impact resistance*
- There is no shrinkage or stress to cause leaks at flashings, upstands or other penetrations.
*Greater than standard 1.14mm-thick EPDM
Over 40 Years Proven Life Expectancy
The first synthetic rubber EPDM roofs were laid in the States by Carlisle™ Syntec in the 1960’S and are still protecting these roofs today.
Well known buildings rely on their EPDM rubber roofing such as Honda factories, Microsoft, Staples, Barclaycard, The Play House Theatre, schools, shopping centres, railway stations, hospitals and hundreds of thousands more commercial and residential properties.
Weather Resistant Rubber Roofing
RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ is not affected by extremes of temperature. Installations are in varied climates – from the glaring sun of the Middle East to the freezing cold of Siberia and Alaska.
RubberBond™ rubber roofing is not degraded by ultra violet or ozone as again witnessed by the many installations in hotter climates such as the Middle East.
- The colour of a dark grey slate looks natural and doesn’t easily show dirt.
- The smooth synthetic rubber finish does not require ballast or chippings that have an annoying habit of blocking gutters and downpipes.
- RubberBond™ does not support moss growth. It not only looks good on day one but also stays looking good even after 30+ years…
- The additional thickness of FleeceBack™ helps to hide the negative of the existing deck or finish.
Flexible Rubber Roofing
RubberBond™ easily bends with no stress, to follow the contours of the roof, up stands to walls, check curb edges, sky lights, pipes, terminations into gutters and the like.
RubberBond has over 300% flexibility so will easily accommodate building movement.
RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ rubber roofing repels all moisture and does not suffer with age from cracking or crazing.
RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ “breathes” allowing vapours to escape, thus preventing blisters.
Extremely ECO friendly materials all applied with little energy – Both Government and the International Kyoto Ecology agreement recommend EPDM rubber as Best Value sustainable eco-sound roofing.
Tried and Tested
The RubberBond™ rubber roofing system holds British Board of Agrément certification No 02/3967 BBA – is designated by government to issue European technical approvals.
What is RubberBond™ EPDM?
RubberBond™ Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer synthetic sheet rubber membrane is a remarkable material that:
- Repels all moisture, snow and rain.
- Is flexible and easily bends with no stress, to follow the contours of the roof, upstands to walls, check curb edges, skylights, pipes, terminations into gutters and the like.
- Can stretch with up to 300% elongation, which easily accommodates building movement.
- Is not affected by extremes of temperature.
- Will not tear, split or crack with age.
- Is manufactured in large sheet sizes from 3.05 to metres wide and up to 30.5 metres long
This patented technology laminates a layer of non-woven polyester to the underside of the RubberBond™ EPDM resulting in:
- A thicker stronger product
- Over twice the thickness of standard EPDM
- 180%* plus greater tear resistance
- 60%* plus greater impact resistance
- There is no shrinkage or stress to cause leaks at laps, flashings, up stands or other angle changes or penetrations
*Greater than standard 1.14-thick EPDM
- No. The first synthetic rubber membranes, developed in America by Carlisle-Syntec™, were laid in the 1960’s and are still protecting flat roofs some 40 years later.
- Carlisle provides what no other single-ply manufacturer can — over 40 years of experience, credibility and reliability.
How long will a RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ EPDM roof last for?
All evidence, real life exposure, and laboratory tests suggest that when correctly installed, a RubberBond™ FleeceBack™ roof will last in excess of 40 years.
How proven is EPDM?
Over One billion square metres of EPDM have been installed worldwide from the glaring sun of the Middle East to the Arctic conditions of Alaska. Over One hundred million square meters will be installed this year.
EPDM rubber is suitable for virtually all flat and low sloping roofs.
Are all roofing surveys free and without obligation?
Yes. An Independent RubberBond™ approved contractor offers a full service including,
- Design and specification
- Written quotation
What does RubberBond™ EPDM look like?
It has a smooth natural slate grey finish.
Can I walk on it?
Yes, it is resistant to frequent foot traffic. For heavy usage such as roof patio areas it can be overlaid with a variety of durable finishes, paving slabs, timber or plastic decking etc.
Is RubberBond™ EPDM expensive?
No, despite its considerable technical advantages it compares well with other quality roofing systems and because of its long life span will often work out to be much cheaper over time.
Is RubberBond™ environmentally friendly?
RubberBond™ EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacture and use of the product.
If EPDM is so good why isn’t everyone using it?
The manufactures have invested millions of dollars in manufacturing processes and branding. To protect these investments only trained and approved installers that have proved they can maintain the highest of standards are allowed to use the materials. This has until recently been predominantly in the commercial sector, but is now at last also available, through approved RubberBond™ installers to residential properties utilizing the RubberBond™ EPDM roofing system.